Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Okay, You May Have a Point about Hillary Clinton

Long have I mocked the Right's obsession with Hillary Clinton. Rarely do I turn on the TV, open a newspaper, or read a right-wing site without finding some civics-challenged bloviator frothing about how Hillary Clinton caused wars, had people murdered, drove up gas prices, stole his truck, and killed his dog.

However, being the cynic that I am, I can't say I was surprised to read this story (linked from Michael Moore, the gift that keeps on giving) with a link entitled, appropriately enough, Hillary Clinton Hates our Freedom.

It's only a piece of fabric, people. Good men died so that it would remain only a piece of fabric. Perhaps the reason why I'm a contrarian, Good Reader, is that I can wrap my head around that particular paradox. More likely is that I'm an absolutist when it comes to my Constitutional rights - freedom of speech and due process of law. Better not try to quarter soldiers in my home, either.

Therefore, I'll have to admit that those right wing attack dogs have a point about Hillary.

1 comment:

Johnny O said...

Check out www.donttrusthillary.com