Tuesday, June 13, 2006

This Space for Rent: Keeping my Word

I made a promise to myself that, when I accept bids for that thumbnail space over on the right, that I'd have two rules:

1: If I can't decide between the bidders, I determine it randomly. I've had to use this more often than not, so I may amend this to strict random determination in the future.

2: Every bidder active at the time I accept a bid, win or lose, gets a link and a shout-out. This has been the tough one, but I don't want an echo chamber here. If you bid on my thumbnail space, I will read as much of your blog as I can stand, and you will get a write-upon my page.

Except for the two poor SOBs whose bids expired before I could get computer time. Take the expiration time up with BE, I'll take the computer time issue up with real life, and we'll see who gets farther.

So, on to this week's bidders. Our runner-up is LittleOrangeFox from The Outlaw Republican, whose two saving graces are a link to an excellent debunking of 9/11 conspiracy theories, and a fellow House fan. Love, before I met my beautiful wife and learned how to be a human being, I was House. Without, of course, the medical degree.

Stop by and say hello, ask her if she'll put the effort into researching the war that she did into researching 9/11, and see when she's leaving. She is, after all, a young and presumably healthy war supporter, and Our Leader needs her help. Oh, and if you're reading this, Ms. Fox, I'm casually curious as to what moved you to bid on my space - go ahead and comment, I'll post it.

Okay, on to our winner - Mike Buffington. One man, one blog. Well, two blogs, counting his eighth-grader's homework blog, but you get the idea. Apparently back online after a server wipe, he's talking about his kids and soccer. Yeah, there's some stuff in there about immigration, and he raises the specter of Governor DeLay - which, incidentally, wouldn't surprise me. In the open sewer that is American politics, Tom DeLay has been and always will be a floater. Sir, you get the same invitation that Ms. Fox did, above. I have some small interest in what brings people to read my site and say "Yeah, I'll go with Moody Loner".

Go on, Gentle Readers, and show our two shout-outs some Electronic Darwinism love - or at least lay off the Electronic Darwinism open hostility.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moody,
It is an honor to be accepted as your renter.

You may not be able to see, by my recent posts, but I strongly disagree with Bush and his administration. From what I got when I visited your site was that you share many of the same political opinions that I do and you express them very well.

Why wouldn't I want to rent here?

Moody Loner said...

Great, glad to have you.

Not that I expected the compliments on my site, but I figured it was the compatible political views.

Let me know how the rent campaign goes - I'll try and get you some traffic.

And, thanks for renting here.

LittleOrangeFox said...

sorry if this is a double post! Just deltete it, the window never reloaded when I posted this the first time so I tried again ;)

--
I think it was because I liked the name ;)

I don't really look into views much, I've rented my blog to possibly liberal Muslims and I have bought space from anti-bush muslims! what are those odds?

^_^ We're all just people renting a little lime light from one another

thanks for the shout =P

Moody Loner said...

Well, thanks for the compliment, I guess. No, being a First Amendment absolutist means I have no problems with making sure my readers see what you have to say.

Whether or not they agree with it - well, it's a free country, at least for now.