Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Let's Talk about Wishlists

Well, I have a birthday coming up, and Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki is visiting the United States to have words with ol' Chimpy.

My wishlist, besides what's in my profile, includes a house, a magic mirror, and Dragon Skin body armor (I hope to convince the medical examiner, when I'm drafted, that it's my actual skin).

What does al-Maliki's wishlist contain?

The requests will include asking President Bush to allow American-led troops in Iraq to be tried under Iraqi law, and to call for a halt to Israeli attacks on Lebanon, according to several Iraqi politicians, and to a senior member of Mr. MalikiÂ’s party who asked not to be named because he was not authorized to speak for the prime minister.

So, who do you think has a better chance of getting what they want this week?

I'd better get the mail drop set up.

Oh, and thanks to the New York Times for the news story, and to Glenn Greenwald for pointing me to it.

No comments: