Wednesday, July 12, 2006

More Explorations Regarding Online Integrity

Why did I sign it? Well, I thought - and still think - that posting the private contact information of someone who is trying to keep that information is wrong, "yelling fire in the theater" rhetoric that will get someone killed.

Apparently, to Jeff Goldstein and those rabid fascists over at Anti-Idiotarian Rottweilers, I signed it to take my name off the list of people whose lives they're allowed to threaten.

Jeff:

I’m thinking I’ll maybe pull out of the Online Integrity thing. Integrity doesn’t mean we should be compelled to respect the privacy of those who rely on our restraint to launch the basest personal attacks.
Showing, once again, just how much integrity he has. Online or no. And I don't know what he's whining about, at least they spelled the name of his blog correctly.

Look, it would take someone about twenty minutes, given all the clues I've inadvertently given about myself, to figure out who I really am. If you did so, it would prove two things:

  1. You figured out how to use Google. Yay, you.
  2. You've discovered that I have a job and I'm getting laid regularly. Which puts me two up on about 70% of the blogosphere, and about 90% of the wingnuts.


Word up to Sadly, No! for starting this train of thought.

Oh, and if you absolutely insist on a link to the homicidal ravings of a sad little fascist-wannabe over at Anti-Idiotarian Rottweilers, I suppose I'll give you one.

No comments: