Saturday, January 28, 2006

Call your Senators

Decline-to-State though I may be - when it comes to the freedom of my daughter, the freedom of my country, my right to not be summarily executed, spied upon, renditioned, jailed because getting a warrant is hard work, then for today, I am a Democrat.


From, God help us, MSNBC:


Memphis police officer Elton Hymon saw 15-year-old Edward Garner running from a house and shouted for him to halt. When Garner started to climb a chain-link fence in the backyard, Hymon shot him in the back of the head.

Asked to prepare a memo on whether the Reagan administration should intervene and how the case should be argued, Alito wrote, “The shooting can be justified as reasonable within the meaning of the Fourth Amendment.”

The young lawyer contended that “a fleeing suspect in effect states to the police: ’Kill me or let me escape the legal process, at least for now.”’

1 comment:

"Jet" said...

That was some excessive force used there... Wow... Being an officers wife, he obviously fired his weapon prematurely there... And, each department has their own rules for shoot to kill situations.

In my own opinion... yeah... shouldn't have shot the kid....

Hope all is well!!

XXOO,
JTL